Alaskan Snow Crab
With its sweet, flavorful meat, Alaskan snow crab is popular with connoisseurs. The delectable, snow-white meat is so flavorful that many people enjoy it sans-dipping butter. In Alaska, snow crab is harvested from the icy waters of the Bering Sea during winter months, when the legs of the crab are packed-full of delicious meat. Alaska's annual fishing quota for snow crab is usually much larger than that of other species - making snow crab one of the most abundant types of Alaskan crab available.
There are two types of Alasakn snow crab. By far the most plentiful is opilio crab, which typically weigh about 1 pound. Bairdi crab (also known as 'Giant Snow Crab', or Tanner crab) are much larger. These impressive snow crabs can weigh-in at 3 pounds or more.
Frozen Alaskan snow crab is available year-round, and it is typically available fresh between January and early April. Alaskan snow crab is sustainably-caught, and fishing is regulated by the Alaska Department of Fish & Game. By law, only male crabs are retained, leaving the happy and lucky females to stay and provide more tasty crab for all of us!
Snow crab from Alaska is popular with home and professional chefs because of its flavorful meat and low cost.
- Sweet, Giant snow crab.
- Impressive size- great for parties!
- Average 2/3 to 1 pound per cluster.
- Giant snow crab!
- Perfect for parties.
$39.95 SALE: $35.96 lblb
- Festive, fun & easy to eat.
- Flavorful & sweet.
- Great for parties & entertaining!
- Sweet, flavorful, and delicious!
- Much larger than average snow crab.
- Individual legs & claws (not clusters).
$79.95 SALE: $67.96 lblb
- Sweet & succulent.
- Just the best pieces.
- No shucking!!!
- Pre-scored shells, for easy shucking!
- A sweet & flavorful crab.
- Individual legs & claws, convenient to serve.
- Sweet, premium cold-water crab.
- Average size: 1/2 lb per cluster.
- Great for crab feeds, events, & large gatherings.
- Sweet and flavorful.
- Great for pasta and salads.
- Convenient one pound packages.
- Easy to shuck.
- Great value!
- Add to soups, gumbos, and crab cakes.